Due to the economy, most people these days are keeping their vehicles longer. Holding on to your truck for several more years usually means lower trade-in values when the time comes to finally get a new one. Therefore, it is important to protect the interior and exterior from everyday life to ensure you can get the most from your truck and hold on to as many pennies as possible.
Below are 7 ways you can protect your truck and keep it looking newer…longer:
1. Interior Floor Liners or Floor Mats
Floor Liners are engineered to fit the complex contours of your vehicle's carpeted floorboards, trunks, and cargo areas. They are made of durable, pliable synthetic materials and have raised containment walls that will help keep your carpet clean even in the worst weather conditions. Fluid containment ribs and treads channel messes away from your shoes. This unique design keeps your feet up and out of mud, snow, water and debris. Washing floor liners is simple. They can be hosed off for quick cleaning, whether they're soiled with mud or a spilled drink.
Floor mats are typically thicker and heavier than floor liners. Floor mats use thick treads and a tall outer lip to contain mud and dirt while providing excellent traction for driving.
Because of their design, floor liners tend to cover more surface area than most floor mats and will hold more mud and moisture. Floor Liners are typically thinner than floor mats, yet the water-tight materials offer outstanding protection for your interior.
Floor liners are ideal for drivers who track in lots of mud, dirt and moisture, such as off-roaders, hunters, contractors and kids.
Find Floor Liners here
Find Floor Mats here
2. Mud Guards or Mud Flaps
Custom Molded Mud Guards offer excellent protection for your vehicle's exterior doors and quarter panels. Designed using state-of-the-art technology, Mud Guards contour and form fit your specific vehicle's exterior fenders. Full tire tread coverage and maximum length helps prevent damage to your vehicle while keeping your running boards clean and minimizing flying road debris. They include all the necessary fasteners and instructions for a quick and easy installation. Manufactured from a highly durable impact resistant thermoplastic, Mud Guards will endure extreme weather conditions for the life of your vehicle. A black textured finish and sleek contoured design provides enhanced styling for a factory look.
What is the difference between Mud Guards and Mud Flaps? To put it simply, flaps flap and guards don't. Mud flaps generally have a single flexible sheet with a weighted bottom that gives when hit by mud or debris. Mud guards are rigid, which is better for repelling the heavier debris.
Find Mud Guards here
3. Underseat storage
Do you have a messy truck, full of clutter from the worksite or just everyday life? An underseat storage solution is perfect for hiding loose items, reducing clutter and keeping your vehicle looking clean and organized. This unique storage system is engineered to specifically fit under your vehicles rear seats. Large capacity and removable dividers make it easy to store and organize both large and small items such as jumper cables, tools, car care supplies and whatever else you keep in your vehicle. The GearBox is manufactured using co-extruded materials consisting of a rigid durable substrate for strength and a soft impact-resistant surface that minimizes cargo shifting and provides noise reduction. A black textured finish gives it a factory look.
Find your underseat storage solution here
4. Paint Protection Film
This product is a revolutionary urethane paint protection film that is easy to install and does not ruin your vehicle's styling (body lines) like a bug shield. Protect the leading edge of your vehicle's paint from rocks, bugs, and scratches with the film. The application specific kits are pre-cut to ensure an exact fit when installed on your vehicle. The material won't crack, shrink, or yellow. Four door-edge guards are included in each Kit. This unique adhesive and installation solution make installs almost error proof. View a complete installation here.
Find paint protection film here
5. Headlite Guard
Wherever you drive, from city streets to country roads, your headlights are being damaged. Over time, your headlights become pitted and chipped from the damaging effects of sand, rocks and salt. Oxidation from UV sunlight can also cause your headlights to become hazy and yellow. This damage can drastically reduce the brightness and performance of your headlights, not to mention destroying your headlight's appearance. Today's polycarbonate and acrylic headlights are very expensive to replace; costing $150 to $400 or more per headlight… and that's before installation.
Stop this damage before it starts… at a fraction of the cost. Headlite Guards are a revolutionary urethane film that is designed to help protect your headlights from the sandblasting effect of flying road debris. Testing has shown that Headlite Guard's high impact-resistance drastically minimizes this pitting and cracking, while its UV inhibitors also reduce the yellowing effect of sunlight.
Headlight polishing kits are great for removing damage. However, they also remove the thin hard-coat protective layer inherent to today's plastic headlights. With this coating gone, your headlights become even more susceptible to future damage, faster oxidation and yellowing. Well now there's an easy fix. Apply a Headlite Guard after polishing to regain this lost protection at the same time keeping you from re-polishing your headlights every other week.
Designed with the “do-it-yourselfer” in mind, these Headlite Guards are 8 mils thick, vehicle specific and pre-cut, requiring no trimming to install. They have made sure to keep installation as easy as possible. No need to spend days training or pay some “expert installer” loads of money. By reading installation instructions or watching an installation video, you could be protecting your headlights in minutes.
Find Headlite Guard here
6. Contractors Rack
Contractors Racks offer strong protection to the exposed bedside of your cab and back glass. Con Racks are specifically designed to fit your truck and give you the ability to transport various loads. Longer items can be angled from the bed floor and secured between the ears on the top of the Contractors Rack. Most of our Con Racks will also accommodate a standard size truck tool box. Some Contractors Racks can help keep your cab cooler by blocking the sun's rays as well as provide great protection to your truck's cab and back glass.
When looking for Con Racks, you want to find one that is rated to support a load of 250 pounds, and bars that are channels rather than a tube making it easy to drill, wire and install light bars, antennae, signs, speakers, etc.
Find Con Racks here
Most Tailgates are contoured to specifically match your truck. They are easy to install and use all the factory hinge and latch points. How about fuel savings? Some louvered tailgates are half the weight of factory tailgates - helping you increase gas mileage. They are also easier to open and close - the center locking latch eliminates the need for two separate “pull” type latches found on other manufacturer's tailgates.
Find 5th Wheel Tailgates here
Protect, restore, and maintain your investment with these 7 featured vehicle protection products. What are your favorite ways to protect your car or truck?
photo credit: Shane Pope
via photo pin cc
Visit Husky Liners on our facebook.com page!Lifetime Warranty
– Husky Liners
not to crack or break. Husky Liners will not fade in the sun & our proprietary material is resistant to oil, gas and battery acid. Other manufacturers may only carry a 3, 5 or 10 year warranty.Sta-Put Nibs
on back – Husky Liners patented Sta-Put “SPiN” Nibs
on the back of the liners help keep the liner in place. No anchor “holes” in our liners for leaks…Raised Lip and Retaining Edges
– When spills happen and your feet drag mud, snow or water into your vehicle – you want to make sure that your carpet protection does what is supposed to do. Our Husky Liners
have a raised lip or retaining edge around their perimeter to keep the spills and mess off your vehicle’s carpet. Some carpet protection products may have a very small lip/edge or none at all. Without a way to contain the spill, the mess makes it to the door sill and eventually the carpet.Custom Fit with Good Looks
– Husky Liners classic diamond tread pattern and WeatherBeater pattern liners are custom fit and vehicle specific
. They are designed to compliment your vehicle and your needs while providing maximum carpet protection against the mess of everyday life. Husky Liners are available in Black, Grey and Tan to match almost any vehicle interior.Front & Second Seat Liners Consistent Thickness
– Husky Liners front floor, second & third floor and center hump liners are consistent in thickness – this means strong protection for the high-traffic areas of your vehicle.Consistent Pattern, Design & Color Throughout the Vehicle
– The design & pattern of our liners (classic style or WeatherBeater style) remains consistent for the vehicles for which they are intended. If you purchase a Classic front floor liner for your ’05 Suburban now and decide to purchase the rear cargo liner at a later date – the design, pattern and color will match – giving your vehicle a uniform look.Applications and Coverage
– Husky Liners offers hundreds of vehicle specific applications for Trucks, SUV’s, CUV’s, Cars and Vans. Applications for the top selling vehicles helps ensure you will find Husky Liners that fit your needs.Made In USA –
Our Custom Molded Floor, Cargo & Trunk Liners
, Heavy Duty Floor Mats
, Custom Molded Mud Guards
, Husky Shield Paint Protection Film
& Headlite Guard
, Gear Box Storage Systems
and Aluminum Accessories
are made by us in the United States of America. We are keeping jobs
here in the US. When you purchase Husky Liners products – you are helping us keep jobs here.Value
– When you factor in that our Husky Liner brand products: have fantastic coverage, are backed by a great warranty, keep jobs in the USA, retail for less, look good in your vehicle and have been proven successful by over 20 years of customers
– you know that you are getting a fantastic value for your money.
With all of the Husky Liners products offered, you are sure to find an application to keep your vehicle protected. From Acura to Volkswagen and GM to Ford – we have you covered.
Let’s look at the product lines Husky Liners offers for the Ford F-150
. You can protect and organize your Ford F-150 with various Husky Liners accessories. We are proud of the products we make; but for a second opinion - Check out the Ultimate F-150 Project
to see what Paul Beroff has to say about Husky Liners accessories for his F-150
. On Paul’s website, you can read about our Husky Liners Custom Molded Floor Liners and GearBox Storage Systems in his featured articles for True Blue Trucks
magazine – issues #3 & #4.Custom Molded Floor Liners
– they fit your F-150’s floor pan like a glove and prevent stains and soiling of your carpet. Muddy or wet boots don’t stand a chance against our floor liners. Our floor liners are available for the front floor, second seat floor and center hump carpeted areas of your F-150. They are backed by our Husky Liners Lifetime Warranty – we guarantee them. Easy to clean applications available in black, grey and tan.Heavy Duty Floor Mats
– Choose our floor mats for a great alternative to our custom molded floor liners - Your F-150 will have year round carpet protection with our vehicle specific floor mats. An extra thick driver’s side heel pad and high perimeter ridges add to the life of the mats and protect your carpet. Like our Custom Molded Floor Liners, you can get our Husky Liners Heavy Duty Floor Mats for the carpeted areas of your front floor, second seat floor – in black, grey or tan. They are backed by our Husky Liners Lifetime Warranty – we guarantee them. Easy to clean.Custom Molded Mud Guards
– Help keep your F-150’s doors, quarter panels and running boards protected from the road debris that comes off your tires. Husky Liners mud guards contour and form fit your F-150’s fenders for a clean, professional look. All the hardware you need to install your custom F-150 mud guards is included & the installation is easy. They are backed by our Husky Liners Lifetime Warranty. Dually applications are available.Husky Shield Paint Protection Film
– Forget the bug shield and install our custom, pre-cut clear paint protection film on your Ford F-150. Our Husky Shield film is truly the easiest to install in the industry. Watch the installation here
. Husky Shield won’t crack, shrink or yellow. Protect your F-150’s paint with a custom Husky Shield kit.Headlite Guard
– The headlights on your F-150 will be expensive to replace if they are damaged. Help guard against the damaging effects that road debris and sunlight have on your headlights with a custom, pre-cut Husky Liners Headlite Guard kit. Everything you need for this simple installation is included with your F-150 kit. Sand, salt and UV sunlight all take their toll on the polycarbonate and acrylic headlights on today’s vehicles. Take the time and help save the high cost of replacing your F-150’s headlights by installing a Husky Headlite Guard today. GearBox
– There is valuable storage space under your F-150’s back seat; we make it usable with our custom fit GearBox storage units. Protect your gear – keep it out of sight and away from your passenger’s feet. Get a Husky Liners GearBox storage system to organize the gear you don’t keep in your F-150’s bed. The GearBox is perfect for flashlights, jumper cables, tools and more. The black textured finish and custom fit give the GearBox a factory look that you will be proud to have in your F-150.Aluminum Accessories
Wheel Style Tailgates, Contractor’s Racks and Sunshades are perfect products to help protect and enhance your F-150. Towing and hauling loads are what trucks do best – both of these activities have their drawbacks - Learn more about our great line of Aluminum Accessories & how they can help you get the most out of your Ford F-150 here
Great accessories to protect and dress up your F-150 from Husky Liners – Learn how to get yours today by clicking here
.Made in America’s Heartland
– Proven the World Over
- Machine which shoots fine, powdered sand, glass or soda via high pressure air, used to clean or polish metal or erode/remove material from another material
- What one’s vehicle paint experiences in the act driving one’s vehicle down any given road, any given day, during any given season
Bugs, rocks and sand – They’re out to destroy the paint on the leading edge of your vehicle. You’ve had it happen to you: chips and scratches on your hood from all types of road “sand blasting.” Paint “touch ups” at the body shop are an expensive hassle. Protect your paint without ruining your vehicle’s styling with a Husky Shield
Paint Protection Film Kit from Husky Liners.
Husky Shield is a revolutionary paint protection film. It is a 6mil urethane film that is virtually invisible. Traditional “bug shields” are bulky, noisy and unattractive on today’s vehicles. Like an invisible force field for your paint - Husky Shield is clear, lays flat against the paint and doesn’t detract from the clean body lines and styling of your vehicle. Our extraordinary paint protection film kits are vehicle specific
and they are pre-cut
to ensure an exact fit when installed on your vehicle.Husky Shield kits are the easiest to install paint protection film kits on the market
. You don’t need hours of training or a professional installer. Husky Shield’s unique adhesive and installation solution make the installation process of your custom kit almost error proof. Most protection film, window tint and decal installers use a soap (baby shampoo, dish soap) and water solution when they apply these films and materials. In most cases – the material sticks together and if they are not placed properly on the vehicle the first time, the material can't be adjusted and the kit is ruined. Not with Husky Shield – our unique solution is not soap based. Our solution provides a longer working and installation time so you can be sure the film is placed exactly where you want it. Husky Shield material stretches over the curves and contours of your vehicle ensuring a perfect fit without wrinkles or bubbles. Husky Shield will not yellow, damage your paint, crack or shrink. It is backed by a 5 year guarantee.
Check out the installation video
and see how easy it is to have great paint protection at an affordable price.
Lesson of the day - protect your vehicle’s paint from the Sand Blaster Road with a Husky Shield custom paint protection film kit…Order one today
.Made in America’s Heartland
– Proven the World Over.